Friday, July 26, 2013

Quinoa spinach brown rice grain of wonder

I always see people posting pictures of their healthy meals online.
My thoughts are always the same.
Nope, not eating that!!!

As wonderful as that may be for my body. It was probably way out of my budget and the way I see if once I'm old and frail all that I will be eating will be liquified or pureed, so might as well enjoy my teeth and eating what I want.

I understand that while pregnant your diet has to be a very healthy one. But its insane the amount of things you can't eat while pregnant.
*Hot dogs and deli meats (Have to be cooked thoroughly)
*Larger fish (swordfish, shark...) (Also I would never eat a poor defenseless shark)
*Sprouts (Bean sprouts count??)
*Unpasteurized juices (Seriously?)
*Excess caffeine (Meh)
*Herbal tea and supplements (But I like tea!)
*Soft cheeses (Why fetaaaaaa?)
*Raw or undercooked meats and fish (Sushi Land, Nijos...Ill miss you guys)

 Honestly though, you'd rather me go and buy some fake juice instead of a nice fresh squeezed orange juice? Sometimes it doesn't make sense. Also I may or may not be following that very thoroughly...
I still wonder how they come up with all of these do not do while pregnant things.
I know for a fact my mom smoked probably a pack a day while pregnant with me and drank gallons of espresso. I think, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think I came out alright.

I really dislike warm sandwiches, so the first few times going to Subway I had to get my meat heated up...I thought it would be more of a Quizno's hot sandwich and it was nowhere near that....The ham was lukewarm...I dont think that made much of a difference on whether I got listeria or not so I have decided not to heat it anymore. Not that I get Subway very often, I tend to somehow always get sick from different stores...
I have a very sensitive stomach okay?!

I've unfortunately become lactose intolerant with this pregnancy. Not that I was ever much of a milk drinker..but really its summer and I like milkshakes!!
So its been coconut/almond milk for pregnita. I went to get froyo yesterday with my friend and sat there trying out all of the froyos...ooops.
I'm really hoping that this goes away after pregnancy.

I cant live off of fruit and vegetables, I have to dip my toes into some sort of bad food right? I have the right to!! I have been sick for the past 4 months I think I deserve some good fun. While I've never been someone who likes sweets I have found myself with quite the sweet tooth I can't get rid of.
So when I felt that need of sweet goodness after dinner the other day everyone seemed happy that Bean wanted something sweet. We trekked to Whole Foods where they sell pie slices so everyone was able to pick their own. Grandma got a very nice lemon meringue, Grandpa and Carol both got decadent chocolate cream pies, Dom got a very nice Kahlua creme (what an alcoholic) and I came back with a Hazelnut Fudge cake...I didnt just eat it, I devoured it.

Dom's had a few cravings himself. Blue Cheese. Which to me not only smells like feet but also tastes like what his feet would taste like.
Speaking of feet, our last ultrasound we got to see that Bean might become a gymnast. He had his feet up to his face and Im quite sure he was sucking on them.
I wonder if I can find my picture of me doing that, I used to do it all the time when I was young.

Lastly a great thing about pregnancy is all the heartburn. If I had any doubt before whether he'd be hairy I don't now. Say it is a old wives tale? I think it's quite true. Please don't let my baby come out a werewolf. But if anyone has a good cure for heartburn please, share.

Oh and one last update, I'd like to thank my girl Liz for helping me with a job. I will be working with the "oldies" as an activity coordinator. I may even create a new activity once Bean's born. "Take care of baby time". Old people love babies. That's a fact.









No comments:

Post a Comment