Sunday, May 12, 2013

And the beat goes on

First let me start out by saying Happy Mother's Day yall!!
A mother doesn't have to give birth to someone to be a mother, there are many types of mothers out there, grandmother, step mother, mother to be, pet mother, adopted mother, your best friends mother who you have taken on as your own mother ( I have a few of those). She is someone who loves you unconditionally and is always there to listen to your worries.

My mother hasn't been around for the past few years, but I've had the pleasure of having great mother figures to turn to in the mean time. I have a great grandmother in law who has been such a great support for Dom and I throughout our relationship. Dom's step mom Anja even though his dad's no longer married to her (and lucky you lady!) has been a great friend/motherly figure. She's german and we're always VERY excited to go hang out with her and her family, her parents also have the most beautiful place in Stanwood. Then there is my sister, who although not a mother (a pet mother of many actually) has been a mother/sister/best friend so many times. Then theres my Brazilian mothers, mt friend Claudia's mom has always been a great second mom, I would sometimes go over to their place and end up talking for hours with both of them or sometimes just her mom. Dom didn't understand why I said I was almost leaving and ended up getting home 2 hours later. And Jenni's mom who is always saying if I need anything I can always go to her and willing to share her recipe of cheesy potato casserole (it's beyond delicious).

                                                      But this is my mom!!! And shes not replaceable

I spoke with my parents today on my way home from work. My sister was there and they were all enjoying the nice Sunday. I didn't have much time to talk because they live on the beach and the connection is always terrible. Dad said that mom was going to try to come up for Bean's birth. I'm very excited. I mean its sort of a right of passage right? Grandma always helps out with baby once it's born! Also, my mom's birthday is November 24th, two days after Bean is supposed to come out, with any luck I can hold onto two days and give her a good present. This will be her second grandchild, my sister has a son who's 8 so it's about time for another one.

Moving on to Bean, Bean is now 12 weeks old, and Bean is no longer a bean, its a plum!!

 Almost done with the first trimester, I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Its dim....a bit dim....I'm no longer having much morning sickness but now I have dizziness. It seems I'm destined to have everything in the books huh? I'm starting to show also..My work pants are no longer zipping and I've started to use the second button thats technically only there to make sure it looks good. I see lots of dresses in my near future. The weather is starting to get really hot also. I know I'm from a tropical place but no I'm not a fan of heat, I hate heat, no, I hate humidity. Its a constant sauna outside. And then there's the thunderstorms....and flash flooding...
Why Houston? Why must you make us suffer?

I went to the doctors on the 1st for a check up, Dom didn't go because we had to change the appointment day. I trekked all the way there by myself, without headphones because I forgot them at home, and knew by the time I got back the dog would have eaten them already (he also ate my brand new inhaler took it out of the box and ate it fastest way to lose $50).

I finally got to the building after sweating a good bucket because for some reason, the 30 minutes from my house to downtown the temperature went up 500 degrees. The moment I walk into the building I was instantly calmer, I think they have pheromones in the air, I mean its a women's only place and there's a LOT of hormones, so I can understand it, and I appreciate it really. I checked in and I decided to try out the 4th different type of chair in the waiting room. I think this is the one for me, its white and fluffy and squishy. I get called back and we check my vitals I've always had lower blood pressure, which isn't fun when you go in a sauna, or hot tub, it usually ends with passing out. So not to my surprise 104/60, could this be why I'm so dizzy?!
I go in the exam room and she pulls our the doppelganger to listen to babys heart. Of course before she even puts it on my stomach I have my phone out and asking, well telling her mostly that I was going to record it. After a couple of minutes we hear the heartbeat 158bpm, somebody was just as excited as I was!?

Botox Brandi finally came in, after an eternity. She asks the usual, "How are you feeling, any questions?" Yes, I've been dizzy, she tells me that there are two reasons dizziness happens; blood sugar is low and blood pressure is low. Well B.B you saw my bp is low and she decides to tell me it's my diet. I told her I drank juice in the morning along with a banana. Apparently that's not okay, its too much sugar and I crash from the sugar. So instead she tells me to add crystal light or use mio in my water, so you'd like me to not have any natural sugars but its okay to have fake sugar? Lady all that botox has gotten to your brain. I have decided that I no longer wish to have her as a doctor, I will switch her out with someone else. Dont worry Dr Briger you're safe, for now.


Speaking of work Dom finished his training in record speed, what was supposed to go on until June is done. He is now an Assistant Front Office Manager. Woohoo! Unfortunately that means well be working opposite shifts, I work mornings like crack of dawn early and hell be going into work when I get done. Lame. But its a good thing, hes moving up fast. In my mind that means we'll end up home sooner.

Thats pretty much whats going on with us though. I think its about time for another Galveston trip? Last time we went puppy had a blast covering us with sand.  


                                                                       Week 10 with Kobe waving
                                                                   Week 12
                 Heres a picture of an update of the cats and dog, it may look like they are all getting along very well but Tigger and Kobe are going at it. At least theyre all able to lay on the bed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment