Saturday, May 18, 2013

End of Tape 1....trimester 1

I know if I don't start writing more blogs I'm going to end up kicking myself for it. I'm just so tired all the time!!! No more excuses. And since pizza seems to take about an hour to get places here I should make use of my time.

I feel like I'm listening to a very long audio book. Let's say Twilight just for the heck of it. I despise twilight. but you can think of it as any book you disliked...A book you read in HS?. I read Twilight in high school because everyone was reading it, mistake one. I read 4 books in record time, but it was because I kept thinking it was going to get better. It didn't, and now I have a book I left in Brazil for whoever gets really bored at the beach house. So incorporating this feeling of a terrible book into pregnancy, I keep thinking its going to get better. So for now we're putting in tape two of the book. Trimester number 2. Everyone's favorite apparently. And just because it's their favorite doesn't mean it isn't going to suck, because guys, I'm sorry pregnancy isn't for me. While you may have had birthed 6 or more children and love the pregnancy feeling I'm so happy for you, I don't. I'm ready to buy a time machine and fast forward to the good part
                              
                                             This is Leo and I napping while reading Twilight

So as of yesterday I am now 13 weeks, we're in the safe zone!! Not that I was afraid anyways, Last year, while at zombie prom there was a crazy card reading woman, and while she got almost everything wrong she pointed out that I'm very fertile and that I would move somewhere sunny (ding ding its 90+ degrees today, Ive barricaded myself in my bedroom with the AC) . But maybe there was more in those cards and I didn't pay much attention. Anyways Bean, now a lemon (maybe not as sour as a lemon) has finger prints! I don't know why I find it so fascinating. Maybe its because now Bean has his/her own identity that nobody else has. Fingerprints and your tongue are each different from everyone else (I wonder if Bean has a little tongue already?). But as much as I know and am feeling pregnant I don't think it has particularly hit me really that I'm going to be a mom. Even writing that sentence felt weird. It's not that I see Bean in my future already, I keep daydreaming on the bus about a wedding and having Bean there which would be totally awesome!! But I feel like I'm going to go through this whole pregnancy and not really realize it until I'm holding a baby. And then it's going to be a moment "Oh **** I'm a mom." In a good way by the way, I just tend to have a little bit of a sailor's mouth. No need to blame me folks that's all my dad who was in the Navy.
Maybe things change once I get to see an actual ultrasound of a human inside me, and knowing whether its a boy or girl. Next month we'll know. Or once Bean will have an actual name. Sorry Kurt Cobain I can't name my child Bean.

We have picked out middle names. If it's a girl Rose, for my grandmother, and Robert for his grandfather, which also happens to be his best friend's name. Speaking of names it's a little complicated having to go bilingual with them. I couldn't pick a cool name like Riley (unisex name :)), Riley just wouldn't sound good coming out of a Brazilian's mouth, it sounds like angry German. And I wouldn't feel right naming my kid Rodolfo because all I keep seeing is Jennifer Aniston in Along Came Polly and her ferret.                                                        



I think it's time for some tv. I recently just purchased Netflix, I had it before the big changes and it just wasn't worth it. I have been glued to my TV. I have found a pretty fun little show called The Pretty Little Liars and its been entertaining. If you don't have Netflix, I highly suggest getting it,  but I think I might have been the only one now days without it.....

And while I finish this my pizza should be here, is it? Of course it isn't....Texas....I'm counting down the days until I leave.
Maybe this is a test of my patience, I'm sorry, I came out of the womb early. What makes you think I will learn now?!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment