Saturday, June 8, 2013

Dom wins

For the past 24 hours I have battled a horrible case of food poisoning, or at least it's what I'm going to blame it on. Good thing I had today off, so I'm laying in bed with some gatorade, water, crackers, and Harry Potter.

Yesterday as I was leaving for work I spotted a little kitten next to our side door. Before I could get out and take him though Dom was driving away, so of course I was bummed, but he told me he would go and check on him when he got back. I got a text later saying there were 4 kittens and a momma. Of course I was excited, so when I got home I went out there and Zoey (Momma cat) came out, I left her some food and figured out that they were making the upstairs neighbors porch a home, (Good thing they got rid of their husky german sheppard mix). A guy from the gas company had came to turn on the new neighbors gas on and she ran away, which gave me time to go see the kittens! They are adorable, there is one black one with orange eyes, and two gray tabbies. Unfortunately they got scared and ran away, I didn't think they would be back since I now knew of their hiding spot, but I hoped that since she had gotten some food that she would remember. Dom came home and I took a nap while he made some food, for himself and the dog mostly I was deathly ill. While I was napping with Jack we heard some kitty cries, both him and Tigger got very agitated and ran to the window, I found a kitten on the fence, I went outside to see if everything was ok and Dom was already doing that, we left some more food for Zoey and I came back to bed. I opened my blinds so the cats could look outside and I could keep an eye out for them, when I looked up and she was standing on the fence looking me straight in the eyes. It wasn't a I hate you glare but a thank you appreciative look. Throughout the night I heard a couple random kitten meows and saw them all playing outside my window. I'm glad I'm gaining her trust and that she can have some food to be able to feed her babies.























It's been a very eventful couple of weeks, last week we also bought a car. A 2010 Mercury Milan. It's our first real family car, as our old cars have been more commuter cars. We must have looked for hours at CarMax. Let me explain to those of you who aren't familiar with Carmax. Think of Best Buy for cars, all cars of different sizes, makes, and colors. The sales guy was really pushing us for
a 2012 Nissan Altima, which I was okay with, but it was a bit of  money for a very basic model. It started pouring while we were in the middle of the parking lot so we had to go for cover, which was when I saw it, this beautiful white car, keypad on the outside (Dom tends to lock keys inside the car) and a sunroof. That was the one! As we were looking at it another couple and a salesman came over also, I shook my head at them saying back off its mine, and asked my sales guy to put a sold sign on it, I was taking it home. A couple of hours later I was driving Snow off the lot and on our way home. All the hassle of having to get a cab in the morning gone, all the hassle of having to get a cab for Dom to come home gone also... And now we can go to an actual grocery store instead of the 1950's limited one by our place. Which I did, and I bought fresh OJ and guavas.


Now for baby news! I've been feeling very dizzy the past week, and I had gone to the doctors already for it, my blood pressure was 100/60 which is pretty low considering it was fried chicken friday at work. The PA had told me it was fine to not eat bananas anymore and to eat more often and eat more protein. A week doing what she had told me and nothing had changed. Its very frustrating to be standing at work and randomly want to pass out, have to get off the floor and go sit. So I made an appointment for Thursday, the only time they had open was at noon and luckily Dom had the day off! I picked him up after work and we went. No Botox Brandi, Kathleen would be seeing me. We get my vitals, 104/62 not too bad... check babies heartbeat 150. Kathleen is very young compared to BB, and she looks like she might have been a cheerleader. She listened and gave me advice, then she said she thought that maybe we should get some more blood tests done, the blood tests I had done in my first visit showed nothing wrong but maybe things had changed. Alright, we're getting somewhere finally, and I had expressed how I was feeling a sharp pain on my left side, the last doctor thought it was kidney stones and I cancelled that idea out within seconds. I know kidney stone pain, I had them when I was 15. I don't have kidney stones (thank goodness). Kathleen said that she would check with the ultrasound tech and see if they could get me in. I went to get my blood drawn, something I hate, I dislike needles with a passion but this woman was a miracle worker. No pain no anxiety lots of blood. If I could bake her cookies I would.
 I sit back waiting for the ultrasound with Dom. 20-30 minutes go by and we're confused, finally someone gets out, and her whole family. There must have been 10 people in there! Wow, thats a close family! I like the ultrasound tech, I think her name is Melissa? She's a sweetheart and she remembered me, even though my last ultrasound was at 7 weeks and it looked like a lizard. She tells me the gel is actually warm which I'm perfectly fine with, were not probing me anymore! I have now decided to call Bean Skeletor, the first time seeing Bean with bones and all it was the only thing that came out of my mouth. Bean now looks like a human though! She asks me if I knew the sex yet and I said no, then she asks if I'd like to know. I said well if we can I guess. I didn't want to give off the impression that I was super excited to know! I was super ready I was going to name her Amelia Rose Kramer. Until she moved it to she side and I instantly knew that was out the door. Melissa didn't even have to tell me I knew the moment I saw a little peanut in between his legs that it was a BOY. Dom had an instant grin on his face of course. I guess I'm destined for all boys in my life. We got to see Bean more around a little more, he started out looking up and ended on his stomach and laying on his hand.

*



I thought for a while of how to tell everyone, I wanted something a little interesting. So I came up with the idea of posing with a soccer ball. Unfortunately nobody understood....Eventually everyone got it. Or they got it when I posted a picture of his little winky. I'm excited to be able to call Bean a him instead of an it now. He's finally getting his identity. Grandma Anja has already bought him Superman onsies.

That's it for now friends. Bean and I are ready for a nice little nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment