Thursday, January 15, 2015

Extra junk in the trunk

Celebrities give us a false idea of what were supposed to look like. Its hard enough trying to learn all that stupid kim kardashian contouring and looking red carpet skinny.
Then they get pregnant and you secretly hope they gain 80 pounds and look terrible...and they don't. Seriously who wears 5inch heels weeks before they're due??!!
And just when you think it couldn't get worse, articles of them 2 weeks post baby bod come out.
Come on! Are you even human???!!!!

Two weeks after having Charlie my hair was a mess, my stomach was all sorts of deflated and jello and I did not leave the house. And I didn't even have a c section!
The whole idea that women need to get back to their post baby body as soon as possible is incredibly unrealistic. It took 9 months to get like this and it sure isn't going to go back in weeks, not even a couple of months.
Not only are you extremely exhausted from lack of sleep, healing, emotional, but now I gotta worry about how skinny and how not in shape I am?


There is nothing wrong with taking your time to lose the weight. There's nothing wrong with having a little saggier boobs, there's nothing wrong with having new stretch marks. Theres nothing wrong eating carbs!
The world needs to stop rushing women into getting back to shape or they're not considered attractive anymore.
It takes 6 weeks for your body to get over the trauma of childbirth and I've heard something like 2 years to really get back to normal.
Your whole life has changed, you cant expect your body not to.
Give me a break. Even now a year later my weight isn't my priority. I have an elliptical in the garage I use, not as often as I'd like, but its something.

Just give a girl time, shell lose the weight when she's ready. I don't need to feel obligated to get back in shape before my kid can even hold its head up.
I'm only human.

No comments:

Post a Comment